COVID-19 "Return to School" Information & Protocols
Welcome to our "Back-to-School In-person and Remote Learning" response page. Below you will find information on how we will operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Blended Learning Schedule
We are using a blended learning schedule for the 2020 - 2021 school year. That means that if you did not choose 100% remote learning at home, then your child will be in school some days and learning from home other days. The blended learning schedule outlines the days Group A & B will be at school participating in in-person learning.
- Group A will be in school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and be in remote learning on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Group B will be in school on Wednesdays and Fridays and be in remote learning on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Groups A & B will alternate in-person and remote learning on Mondays.
- Students that opted in for 100% remote learning will be learning from home 5 days a week.
- If you need to switch your child's learning group, contact Ms. Ricks at KRicks@SGL378.org.
- If you would prefer 100% online remote for your child, you may complete the Learning Preference Survey at any time and email Principal Ricks to inform her of your decision.
- The school day is from 8:30am - 2pm. Students may arrive no earlier than 8:30am and must exit promptly at the end of the school day.
If you have any questions, you may contact our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Rios at:
212.260.5375, x2421 or x0
You may also connect directly with your child's teacher using their emails in the Staff Directory.
For questions regarding your child's Individualized Education Plan [IEP], reach out to Ms. Cruz at EBragin@SGL378.org.
Visitor Safety Information
Below outlines safety protocols for ALL VISITORS. If you have any questions, reach out to our Business Manager, Ms. Flynn, at DFLYNN@SGL378.org.
Know Before You Go...
Before Your Visit
- All visitors MUST make an appointment prior to EACH visit. Visitors will not be allowed without an appointment.
- All visitors MUST fill out the DOE's Health Screening Application prior to EACH visit. Visitors will not be allowed in the building without filling out this screening.
To make an appointment, you may choose any of the following:
- Call the school at 212.260.5375.
- Request an appointment online on our website and wait for a confirmation of your appointment day/time.
- Email SGL’s main appointment scheduler, Ms. Flynn, at DFLYNN@SGL378.ORG.
- ACS Providers, GC Interns, & NYU Tutors: Inform our Guidance Counselor, Mr. Goodwin, of your appointment. You may email him at MGOODWIN@SGL378.ORG.
- DOE & NON-DOE Vendors: Inform Principal Ricks of your appointment. You may email her at KRICKS@SGL378.ORG.
- All service providers MUST provide a copy of their schedule prior to services commencing. Service providers cannot deviate from the schedule unless prior approval is given from SGL’s administration.
- Come with a face mask.
- Come with your own pen or writing utensil.
During Your Visit
- All Global Leaders’ visitors MUST enter thru the main entrance, thru the courtyard.
- All visitors MUST be wearing face masks upon entering the building and during the entire time in the building.
- Visitors MUST report directly to the main office to sign in and out. No one is allowed in any part of the building until they sign in thru the Main Office.
- Only one family member is allowed inside the building at a time.
- Main Office will seat no more than two  visitors at a time.
- Visitors will have a 10-minute time limit in the waiting area in the Main Office.
- Visitors must wash and/or sanitize their hands upon entering the Main Office.
- DOE Service Providers: A room will be provided to you for your use.
After Your Visit
Stop by the Main Office to sign out. This allows us to keep track of what day and time visitors were in the building in case this data is needed to trace COVID-related matters.
Picking Up Your Child Early
You will NOT be allowed inside the building to pick-up your child. Call when you are DIRECTLY OUTSIDE IN THE MAIN COURTYARD. A staff member will meet you outside with your child and the ‘student sign-out’ book. You must show ID and sign the book acknowledging you picked up your child. All persons must be on the Blue Card. Persons must be 18 years and older to pick up a student. Come with your own pen or writing utensil.
Over the Counter Admissions
In addition to following the above protocols and making an appointment, provide the Main Office with your paperwork and ID. [Call the school ahead of time or look on our website under ‘Around SGL > Student Admissions’ to learn of the documents we require for admissions.] A packet will be handed to you to complete outside of the school building. However, we recommend that you come with pre-filled paperwork from off the website. No paperwork may be filled out in the main office. Once complete, you must make another appointment to bring the packet back in and hand in documents that the main office stated you were missing, if any. Come with your own pen or writing utensil.
Face-to-Face Letters or Records
All request for letters or records must be made in advance. Parents/Guardians will not be allowed in the building to make letter or record requests. Call the school to speak with Ms. Rios if you are interested in obtaining letters or records. You may also email her at DRIOS@SGL378.org.
Blended Learning Supply List
DOE iPad Update
To update your DOE-issued iPads, follow these instructions.
To Request a DOE-Issued Device:
To request a DOE-issued device for remote learning, fill out the Remote Learning Device Survey.
Access to Free & Low Cost Wifi
DOE Calendar for the 2020 - 2021 School Year:
2020 - 2021 School Year Calendar
SGL Staff Shout-Outs:
Take out the time to give one of our extraordinary staff members some well-deserved recognition with a shout-out!
DOE Student Email Accounts
Opting into Blended Learning
If you are a parent/guardian that opted into 100% REMOTE LEARNING, there will be one period during the 2020-2021 school year to opt back in to BLENDED LEARNING for the remainder of the school year. The window to opt back into BLENDED is November 2nd - November 15th. Please complete the Learning Preference Survey.