Important Information during Remote Online Classrooms
During our remote learning units of study beginning March 23, 2020 and tentatively until April 8, 2020:
- If parents/guardians would like to speak with a school administrator they can email Principal Ricks at email@example.com or Assistant Principal Campos at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 24 hours to set up a phone or video conference call.
- If parents/guardians would like to speak with a specific teacher or our Parent Coordinator they can visit the school website and email the teacher or our Parent Coordinator at the email address indicated on the website OR have their child notify their teacher of the request and the teacher will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If parents/guardians would like to speak with the Guidance Counselor regarding high school acceptance or any other guidance related services, including mental health and support with outside social services, contact Mr. Goodwin at email@example.com and he will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If parents/guardians have concerns about issues that may come up regarding inappropriate use of technology or social media during remote learning please contact Ms. Finkle at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If parents are Spanish speaking and need support communicating in their native language they should email Parent Coordinator Daisy Rios at DRios5@schools.nyc.gov and she will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If parents are Mandarin or French speaking and need support communicating in their native language they should email Tiffany Huang at email@example.com and she will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If you need help accessing a device or wifi, contact the DOE at 718.935.5100, choose option #5.
- For an updated letter from the Chancellor, click HERE.
Reminder: SPRING RECESS is April 9 - 19th. Students and Staff are to report back on April 20th. NO REMOTE LEARNING WILL TAKE PLACE DURING SPRING RECESS.
Upcoming PTA Meetings
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019 -- Election Day - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- Thursday, November 7, 2019 -- Parent Teacher Conferences - HALF DAY OF SCHOOL (Afternoon Conference 1-3pm; Evening Conferences 5-7pm)
- Monday, November 11, 2019 -- Veterans Day - NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019 -- Family Potluck Night - 6:00-8:00pm **Sign-up in the Main Office to bring a dish**
- Thursday, November 28 thru Friday, November 29, 2019 -- Thanksgiving - NO SCHOOL
SLT meets in Room 239 at 5:15pm
PTA meets in Room 255 at 6:00pm
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020 **Election Meeting**