Important Information during Remote Online Classrooms
- If parents/guardians would like to speak with a school administrator they can email Principal Ricks at email@example.com or Assistant Principal Campos at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 24 hours to set up a phone or video conference call.
- If parents/guardians would like to speak with a specific teacher or our Parent Coordinator they can visit the school website and email the teacher or our Parent Coordinator at the email address indicated on the website OR have their child notify their teacher of the request and the teacher will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If parents/guardians would like to speak with the Guidance Counselor regarding high school acceptance or any other guidance related services, including mental health and support with outside social services, contact Mr. Goodwin at email@example.com and he will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If parents/guardians have concerns about issues that may come up regarding inappropriate use of technology or social media during remote learning please contact Ms. Finkle at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If parents are Spanish speaking and need support communicating in their native language they should email Parent Coordinator Daisy Rios at DRios5@schools.nyc.gov and she will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If parents are Mandarin or French speaking and need support communicating in their native language they should email Tiffany Huang at email@example.com and she will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If you need help accessing a device and wifi, contact the DOE at 718.935.5100, choose option #5.
- For an updated letter from the Chancellor, click HERE.
Reminder: SPRING RECESS is April 9 - 19th. Students and Staff are to report back on April 20th. NO REMOTE LEARNING WILL TAKE PLACE DURING SPRING RECESS.
Mission Statement & Schoolwide Goals
Together with our families and community, we at the School for Global Leaders create a nurturing and academically challenging learning environment for all learners. Our students evolve into independent critical thinkers who find joy in learning. We stand by our name, empowering students to be Global Leaders who advocate for change in the world.
SCHOOLWIDE PRIORITY GOALS
Pedagogical staff will create and implement comprehensive, multi-level system(s) of assessment that will be used to track students’ progress over time and create common interventions and enrichment opportunities for specific sub groups. Pedagogical staff will create, implement and revise common protocols and thinking routines so that students have platforms to display their ideas, questions and new understandings verbally, visually and in written form.
Statement of Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Ms. Flynn to request assistance.
Respect for All
For more information on "Respect for All", please contact:
Mr. Michael Goodwin, Guidance Counselor
[Tel] 212.260.5375, x2301