Family Enrollment Center
To enroll your child, you may go to the Family Enrollment Center located at PS 20 Anna Silver School in Manhattan. The address is:
166 Essex Street
New York, NY 10002.
Or you may choose to find a Family Welcome Center.
Documents Needed to Enroll Your Child [Bring Original Documents]
- Disposition Letter from Family Welcome Center
- Parent/Guardian ID
- Two proofs of address [see disposition letter for the two proofs accepted]
- Child's Original Birth Certificate
- Child's Up-to-Date Immunization Record
- Child's Last Report Card
- Child's Current IEP, if applicable
The following forms need to be completed prior to completion of enrollment. To speed up the process, print and fill out ahead of time and then bring the completed forms with you to the school.
- Student Registration Form [English] [Spanish] [Chinese] [French]
- Home Language Survey [English] [Spanish] [Chinese] [French]
- Student Ethnic & Race Identification Form [English] [Spanish] [Chinese] [French]
- Housing Questionnaire [English] [Spanish] [Chinese] [French]
- Emergency Contact Card [English] [Spanish] [Chinese] [French]
- Parent Affidavit [Fill this out if your child will be in the custody of someone else.] [English] [Spanish] [Chinese] [French]
- Parent Affidavit of Residency [Fill this out if a parent is subletting an apartment or home, or if more than one family shares a living space and there is only one leaseholder or homeowner.] [English] [Spanish] [Chinese] [French]
- Multi-language Learners Parent Survey and Parent Agreement Form - ELL Parent Survey [Fill this out if your student is enrolling in the DL [Dual Language] Program] [English] [Spanish] [Chinese] [French]
- Home Language Page 1- STAFF ONLY
Every student MUST have a submitted lunch form to help ensure funding for your child's school. It is urgent that you fill one out today. Please submit the original lunch form to Ms. Rios in the main office, or take a few mins to fill out the lunch form online.
Need assistance or have questions? Call the office of Food & Nutrition Services Customer Information at 877.363.6325.
Admission Guides and References
- 2020 NYC Middle School Admissions Guide
- Chancellor's Regulation A-101 [Admissions]
- Chancellor's Regulation A-170 [Home Instruction Services]