Important Dates & Announcements [2023 - 2024 School Year]
Payments for Senior Activities
**We [Global Leaders] DO NOT accept personal checks. We accept payment via CashApp [$SGL378], Cash, or USPS Money Orders ONLY!!**
You may, however, write out a check or money order directly to the vendor or company that we are using for any particular event or services, if allowed. Please ask Ms. Cruz prior to writing out your check or money order to a specific vendor. You may email Ms. Cruz at ECruz54@schools.nyc.gov.
If we require that you write out a money order to the school, we only accept USPS money orders and it should be made out to: School for Global Leaders. Put your child's name on it along with what the payment is for [i.e. cap & gown, senior trip, prom, etc.]. Again, please ask Ms. Cruz prior to writing out a USPS money order to the school. GLOBAL LEADERS DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS.
If you use CashApp [$SGL378] to send payments, in order for the payment to be applied correctly, you MUST type your child's name in the memo line and state what the payment is for.
SENIOR ACTIVITY DATES
- January 29, 2024 - Picture Day
CURRENT & PAST ANNOUNCEMENTS
- December 12, 1, 2023: Deadline for High School applications
- November 8, 2023: SHSAT Exams administered
- October 27, 2023: Deadline to register for SHSAT exams.
- October 1, 2023 - Manhattan School Tours. Must Register to Attend.
- See the NYSED Website and complete the APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATE [AT - 17] with Section 1 completed and signed
by a parent
- A COPY of your birth certificate as proof of your age
- An original version of a:
- New York State doctor's note [stating the student is "fit for employment"]
- Certificate of physical fitness completed by a NY State physician
- Schooling record:
- Registered NYC public school students need their school ID